The Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic (MF KR) and the Department of Public Procurement under the MF KR with the support of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) have implemented a new project on open government data in the public procurement. This project was initiated in 2018 and aims to increase transparency and the level of competition in the public procurement market, to promote accessibility to procurement opportunities as well as information, and to facilitate the participation of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in public tenders. Thanks to this project public procurement data is now structured and available online.
As part of the project, a lot of work was done to implement the publication of public procurement data in the OCDS format, developed by the Open Contracting Partnership (OCP). The Kyrgyz Republic public procurement data is now available in the OCDS format and its' implementation improves the existing electronic public procurement system, standardises public procurement data, improves data quality, and provides ample opportunities for analytics. The data is available in a well-structured format on http://zakupki.gov.kg and automatic regular updates guarantee its relevance and accuracy.
An important facilitator for data utilization is e-services and tools that help work with data to solve practical problems in public procurement sector. The standardised publication format allows for flexible integration with other software solutions as well as tools. Support by the EBRD project provided a reliable source of data with up-to-date public procurement information and supplied the Public Procurement Department with the set of powerful tools for conducting analysis, audit and open government.
On December 14, 2020, the Department of Public Procurement, with the support of the EBRD, will hold an online event to demonstrate the implemented solutions to representatives of the government, ministries, and other state authorities interested in reforming public procurement.
Objectives of the event:
· Promote Open Government Data, Open Contracting principles and the adoption of the Open Contracting Data Standard;
· Raise awareness of the regulatory and economic benefits of the use of open public procurement data in the current global market situation;
· Highlight the positive impact of the publication of high-quality OCDS data in the Kyrgyz Republic.
· Promote an appropriate balance between competition and transparency safeguards and efficiency instruments in public procurement reform;
· Introduce the implemented open source OCDS-based analytical solutions for the public procurement officials and the public at large;
· Share experience of the utilization of public procurement analytical and monitoring tools in different countries;
· Introduce ex-ante monitoring principles and benefits for the public procurement sector;
· Present the open data OCDS red flag monitoring application for monitoring and detection of risky procedures in the Kyrgyz Republic;
· Give participants an understanding of how to leverage public procurement data to improve service delivery to citizens.
Date, time and place of the event:
Monday, 14 December 2020
14:00 - 17:35 Bishkek
(08:00 - 11:35 London)
The link and details of the Zoom call will be sent to the registered participants before the event.
The language of the seminar is Russian.